[asterisk-users] High verbose set at console effects the logger file "Full" - Why is that?

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 16 18:32:13 CST 2012

On 16-02-12 20:18, Luke Hamburg wrote:
> https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/1599/
> I so wish that this patch would be backported to the 1.8 branch!  I am
> considering switching to trunk just for this alone.
>
> I know it's a stretch but, given the popularity of running Fail2Ban
> alongside Asterisk, could it not fall under the pretense of 'security risk'
> that someone very easily breaks Fail2Ban by forgetting to set verbose back
> to 5 during a routine CLI session where they might have temporarily needed
> to reduce verbosity?
>
> I know I'm reaching, but doesn't hurt to beg.

Yes that would be a very nice addition. Perhaps someone with Asterisk
coding skills can backport the patch. Have you checked if it applies at
all to the latest 1.8 master? I wonder if that patch is already part of
10 master or the 10.2 branch as I could not see anything mentioned on
reviewboard.

Regards,
Patrick