[asterisk-users] High verbose set at console effects the logger file "Full" - Why is that?

Luke Hamburg luke at solvent-llc.com
Thu Feb 16 13:18:17 CST 2012

https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/1599/
I so wish that this patch would be backported to the 1.8 branch!  I am
considering switching to trunk just for this alone.

I know it's a stretch but, given the popularity of running Fail2Ban
alongside Asterisk, could it not fall under the pretense of 'security risk'
that someone very easily breaks Fail2Ban by forgetting to set verbose back
to 5 during a routine CLI session where they might have temporarily needed
to reduce verbosity?

I know I'm reaching, but doesn't hurt to beg.

Luke