[asterisk-users] IAX DNS SRV

Justin Korkiner jkorkiner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 10:09:29 CST 2012

Can anyone further explain what the srvlookup=yes in iax.conf actually does?
Currently I have a peer definition setup on three locations with their type
as friend and setup as a trunk for inbound/outbound calling through each
peer, no problems here. However when I use my DNS srv record and force an
outage on one of the servers, the failover never happens. It still has the
old IP address cached for the peer when checking sip show peer <name>.

If I restart the Asterisk service it works fine, and will then register with
the backup server. Unloading/reloading the chan_iax2.so module doesn't
invoke a change. Should I be using register instead?

This does work as expected with a similar setup in sip.conf.

Thanks,

Justin Korkiner