[asterisk-users] SIP hardware phones

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Feb 13 14:28:36 CST 2012

"Jason W. Parks" <jason.w.parks at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for the info. As we move forward, we'll be testing and making a
> phone selections. No doubt we'll run into this. Are you saying if the
> phone is stated to be a 10/100 phone, it still may not work at 10?

I must admit it isn't something I have looked at particularly deeply. I
hav experienced that Snom 3xx phones have not linked up at 10Mbps a few
times and I have never seen them successfully achieve link at 10Mbps.
This could be a firmware issue or a general issue with the quality of
those 10Mbps networks. Or Snom simply does not allow their phones to
connect to a 10Mbps network.

In each case the network installations and switches were improved so
100Mbps worked without any problems.

/Benny