[asterisk-users] Polycom firmware 4.0.1 and paging

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Mon Feb 13 08:39:02 CST 2012

On 02/10/2012 05:30 PM, Mike wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just moved many Polycom phones from firmware v3 to 4.0.1b. Anto-Answer
> simply stopped functioning. I can downgrade and make it work, upgrading
> kills it again. There obviously is a difference in how the newer
> firmware is treating this auto answer sip header.
>
> Can anybody tell me if they have Polycom firmware 4.x.x working with
> auto-answer/paging? Just so I know it’s worth my time to investigate, as
> opposed to knowing it`s a Polycom firmware bug? If so, did you have to
> make any changes to the SIP header sent to make Polycom phones auto answer?

I would second the others suggestions about rewriting the configs.
Polycom made extensive changes between 3.2 and 3.3, and I think they
made a fair number of changes between 3.3 and 4.0.  I have two phones
that I've upgraded to 4.0.1b for testing, a 550 and a spectralink 8440,
and I believe I have auto answer working as you describe. Here's the
pertinent snippet from my config:

<polycomConfig>
   <voIpProt>
     <voIpProt.SIP>
       <voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="ringAutoAnswer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="intercom"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class="ringAnswerMute"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.value="page"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.class="autoAnswer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.value="silentanswer">
       </voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo>
     </voIpProt.SIP>
   </voIpProt>
</polycomConfig>

I have also added an <se.rt> section to adjust the ringer and timeouts
for these ring tones.

-Dave