[asterisk-users] Call queuing behavior

Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Fri Feb 10 16:33:12 CST 2012

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:08:28 -0500
Phil Frost <phil at macprofessionals.com> wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2012, at 14:37 , Phil Frost wrote:
> > Now, caller B calls. Asterisk rings the member. Now the member's
> > handset is showing two incoming calls.
[...]
> > Now, the member is unbusy, so he answers a call. But, he's
> > connected to caller B, even though caller A called first. That's
> > not what I'd expect - I want callers to be answered in FIFO order.
>
> I think I've found a solution. This forum thread describes a similar
> situation:
>
> http://forums.asterisk.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79450
>
> I set autofill=no in queues.conf. This seems to make more sense when
> strategy=ringall. Now any member is only ever presented with one
> caller, and it's always the next caller in the queue. If the timeout
> expires, they are presented with the same caller again. For a larger
> call center, this would be an unacceptable bottleneck, but for my
> situation it's ideal.

Yes, I was going to suggest autofill=no, until I saw your reply.  But
I do have one thing to add, just to put it out there...

I can't really think of a situation where you would want autofill=yes
with ringall.  They seem to me to be entirely mutually exclusive.  It
may be a good idea for Asterisk to either document that they don't work
well together, or to make ringall disable autofill.  Any comments?

--

C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
The Lodging Company