[asterisk-users] Stuck DAHDI Lines

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 09:55:13 CST 2012

2012/2/9 Antonio Modesto <modesto at isimples.com.br>

> **
> Hi,
>
>     Sometimes some of my dahdi channels become stuck, It is very strange,
> here is the output of the "core show channels" command:
>
> pabx*CLI> core show channels
> Channel              Location             State
> Application(Data)
> Local/104 at ramais-cc0 104 at ramais:1         Up      Transferred
> Call(DAHDI/13-1)
> Local/104 at ramais-cc0 ~~s~~@dial_dahdi:15  Up      Dial(DAHDI/10/
> 91208788,120,"T
> DAHDI/10-1           (None)               Up      AppDial((Outgoing
> Line))
> DAHDI/13-1           s at from_celular:1     Up      Transferred
> Call(Local/104 at ram
>

> When I issue a "hangup request DAHDI/10-1 in this case, All the other
> channels are cleaned, I don't know what can be causing it.
>

> Regards.

I had this happen every few weeks with Asterisk 1.6.1.18, DAHDI 2.3, and
libpri 1.4.10. We do use local channels extensively. When it happened
running core show channels would hang the asterisk console without only a
partial output of the command. I would have to ctrl+c and reopen to issue
another command. Additionally some inbound calls wouldn't complete if they
happened to hit the stuck channel.

I have since moved to Asterisk 1.8.7, DAHDI 2.5, and libpri 1.4.12. I'm
currently up to 16 weeks, 2 days of uptime and 914,745 calls processed
without a stuck channel.

Ryan