[asterisk-users] checking if a phone number is UP

Rebecca Robinson rebecca.robinson at amgsrv.com
Thu Feb 9 08:42:45 CST 2012

I would probably set the "calling" server with a specific callerID,
match on that caller ID on the recipient server and then log to a
database or trigger a script to import my data.  By doing that I can
confirm the carrier side of things are up and that my server is actually
processing calls.  With some carriers providing a false ring, I don't
rely on hearing ringing as the line is actually doing anything.

Thank you,

Rebecca Robinson

Telecom Administrator

Office: 913.648.5858 ext. 291