[asterisk-users] checking if a phone number is UP

Aurimas Skirgaila a.skirgaila at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 08:36:21 CST 2012

hi,

We have a phone number from third party provider which is used for inbound
calls. How could I monitor if this *phone number* is reachable?

the initial idea doesn't sound elegant:
- on my SIP server I set couple seconds of ringing before Answer().
- the monitoring server calls to that phone number for few seconds, checks
if it "hears" the ringing and hangs up the call.

**
I use Nagios to check if my services are UP using check_sip, but it this
situation I'm more concerned about my DID provider than my server. It's
just like pinging a phone number.

Thank you,
Aurimas