[asterisk-users] (last call for comments) Proposed changes to Asterisk release and support cycles

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Feb 8 16:28:34 CST 2012

On 02/08/2012 04:02 PM, Danny Nicholas wrote:
> Not a complaint, per se, just a question.  Why are the LTS versions "odd"
> (11, 13, 15, etc) and the non-LTS (10, 12, etc) even?   As I read the chart,
> Digium/Asterisk is committing to a new LTS version every 2 years?

Well, the first LTS was Asterisk 1.4 (although we didn't call it an LTS
then). The second LTS was Asterisk 1.8. The third would be Asterisk 11.
It's just a quirk of the version numbering scheme.

The proposal is that yes, we'd be committing to producing an LTS every 2
years, and a standard release in the intervening years.

--
Kevin P. Fleming