[asterisk-users] Is this doable?

Josh mojo1736 at privatedemail.net
Thu Feb 2 08:38:41 CST 2012

> I think you might want to split your questions first.
I thought that instead of creating a dozen different threads (and
clogging the ML in the process) it would be better to put everything
into one place - just pick the issue (or issues) you could address and
leave (i.e. delete) the rest out.

> 1. You can't have multiple externip, but it's not necessary to run two
> Asterisk instances, because you can set routes to different
> destinations via particular interfaces.
I have no problems with the routing - that is already done. I am not
certain how Asterisk handles a stream running across multiple interfaces
and how the packet NAT is done. I am also aware that SIP packets "embed"
the IP address in it so not sure how this is handled either.