[asterisk-users] Problem with DTMF in Voicemail main

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Feb 1 16:31:47 CST 2012

On 02/01/2012 12:46 PM, Ira wrote:

>>> I notice that comedian mail has <> instead of [] brackets. Does that
>>> mean it's on its way to being deprecated?
>>
>> I assume you are referring to how app_voicemail (not 'comedian mail')
>> is listed the menuselect tool. Umm... no, those are completely
>> unrelated. How did you reach that assumption?
>
> It was not an assumption, it was a question. It's the first time I
> remember app_voicemail not being checked by default and the first time I
> remember seeing it with <> brackets.

app_voicemail (on some systems) requires that res_adsi and res_smdi be
built and loaded; if they are not enabled, then the 'checkbox' for
app_voicemail changes to angle brackets.In menuselect, the presence of
angle brackets instead of square brackets means that enabling the item
in question is going to also automatically enable modules/features that
it depends on that are themselves currently disabled (sorry for the long
sentence... it's just how menuselect works).

--
Kevin P. Fleming