[asterisk-users] Problem with DTMF in Voicemail main

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Wed Feb 1 12:46:12 CST 2012

At 06:05 AM 1/31/2012, you wrote:
>On 01/31/2012 12:17 AM, Ira wrote:
>>Tonight I tried 4 versions of Asterisk; 10.0.0, 10.0.1, 10.1.0 and trunk.
>>
>>On 10.1.0 and trunk, I can't successfully enter the password for any
>>mailbox in voicemailmain on my Aastra 480i phones. All four version work
>>with a Snom cordless SIP phone. In 10.0.0 and 10.0.1 the Aastra works
>>perfectly. So needless to say I'm back to running 10.0.1. The WAF is
>>very low for stuff like that.
>
>It is quite unlikely that there were any changes between 10.0.1 and
>10.1.0 that would affect DTMF detection or app_voicemail itself, but
>it's certainly possible. That's why we have an issue reporting
>system, and it's also why we produce release candidates to get
>testing prior to making official releases.

Well, none the less, it's broken now and it wasn't before. I always
try to run the release candidates but must have missed the one for
10.1. I added a report to JIRA.

>>I notice that comedian mail has <> instead of [] brackets. Does
>>that mean it's on its way to being deprecated?
>
>I assume you are referring to how app_voicemail (not 'comedian
>mail') is listed the menuselect tool. Umm... no, those are
>completely unrelated. How did you reach that assumption?

It was not an assumption, it was a question. It's the first time I
remember app_voicemail not being checked by default and the first
time I remember seeing it with <> brackets.