[asterisk-users] Top Posting

Ron Wheeler rwheeler at artifact-software.com
Sun Dec 30 20:30:18 CST 2012

On 30/12/2012 11:13 AM, Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 12/30/2012 04:26 PM, Ron Wheeler wrote:
>> I participate in a lot of lists and top posting is now the norm since
>> people want to see quickly if the message is worth reading.
>
> Isn't it a bit of a stretch to extrapolate your experience with your
> lists to top posting being the norm? I am subscribed to several lists
> and bottom posting, proper trimming and commenting inline is the norm
> there.
>
> Actually the norm is determined by the list rules. If the list rules
> say one must use bottom posting then one should use bottom posting. If
> someone does not like that then don't subscribe, find another source
> to ask a question (the forum, LUG, hire a consultant) or just bottom
> post.
>
> Questions come before answers.
> Answers come after questions.
>
> -1 against changing rule #5.
>
> Regards,
> Patrick

Not really enough time in the day to keep track of different rules for
all the forums.
I am more concerned about content than form.

As long as the questions get answered, I can figure out where it is but
it is a PITA to scroll down through an e-mail to find out that there is
nothing there worth reading.
I get over 100 e-mails per day that make it through my filters. I like
to read the content as soon as it pops up rather than searching for the
text.

Ron