[asterisk-users] Top Posting

Richard Kenner kenner at gnat.com
Sat Dec 29 20:57:05 CST 2012

> I realize the benefits of bottom-posting, especially when posting
> inline. But top-posting keeps things in reverse chronological order
> so any reader could catch up quickly on any missed messages in the
> chain. A new reader scrolls to the bottom and reads up.

What's there to "catch up with" if you don't first read what the person
is replying to?  Do you think that everybody remembers every thread.
Of what value is it to see something like "No, that didn't work." *before*
a description of what it was that didn't work.

When people reply to an email, it's their responsibility, whether they
top-post or bottom-post to remove unnecessary old message and keep just
what's necessary to understand the email.

One of the problems with top-posting is that it makes it easier to forget
to do this.