[asterisk-users] Presence Registration on the D40

Christopher Harrington chris at acsdi.com
Wed Dec 26 15:34:22 CST 2012

So I'm working with our Digium D40's and we're not using DPMA.

This video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcuocp01pfM#t=35s ) shows
presence information being displayed in the Contacts application. Obviously
the video is showing DPMA in play. Is it possible to enable this
functionality without it? Is this status information only available on
higher-end Digium phones?

In the contacts XML data, I am supplying the appropriate parameters:
<contact first_name="John" last_name="Doe" organization="Acme" contact_type
="sip" account_id="123" subscribe_to="123">

but I am not seeing the icons shown in the video at all. On the Asterisk
CLI, I can run:
etc*CLI> core show hint 2003
                   2003 at default             : SIP/charrington_desk
 State:Idle            Watchers  0
1 hint matching extension 2003

and Watchers is always 0 for all extensions.

Is there a separate way I can test subscribing for presence information? I
don't even know, at this point, if it's the phones or Asterisk.

--
-Chris Harrington
ACSDi Office: 763.559.5800