[asterisk-users] sip-user status

Jim Lucas lists at cmsws.com
Fri Dec 14 02:18:37 CST 2012

On 12/13/2012 11:39 PM, Hans Witvliet wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm caught up in a struggle between people how can not make up their
> mind... Half way implementing a asterisk farm and they come up with
> another feature they've seen in kamaillo.
>
> What he showed me was this: three registered sip users,
> a) one changes his presence status on his softphone, and all see the
> status change.
> b) one calls another, and the third person see the status of the other
> two change to "busy".
>
> I've seen code/dialplan snippets where you could change your status by
> dialling a specific extension, on which asterisk will react (and change
> some variables accordingly), but that is not what i'm looking for.
>
> It seems that kamaillo has build-in features to react on sip-simple
> changes.
> Can i perform the same trick with asterisk? if so, how?
>

> Hans.

In * this is done via "hints".  The devices register with * that they
want to be notified when the status of what they want to monitor
changes.  We, when * knows that it is doing something with the device, *
changes the "hint" status of said device and then sends the notification
of status change to the awaiting devices.

--

Jim Lucas