[asterisk-users] sip-user status

Hans Witvliet asterisk at a-domani.nl
Fri Dec 14 01:39:22 CST 2012

Hi all,

I'm caught up in a struggle between people how can not make up their
mind... Half way implementing a asterisk farm and they come up with
another feature they've seen in kamaillo.

What he showed me was this: three registered sip users,
a) one changes his presence status on his softphone, and all see the
status change.
b) one calls another, and the third person see the status of the other
two change to "busy".

I've seen code/dialplan snippets where you could change your status by
dialling a specific extension, on which asterisk will react (and change
some variables accordingly), but that is not what i'm looking for.

It seems that kamaillo has build-in features to react on sip-simple
changes.
Can i perform the same trick with asterisk? if so, how?

Hans.