[asterisk-users] [asterisk] Guide for setup a server for end2end video call

Hans Witvliet asterisk at a-domani.nl
Tue Dec 11 14:20:14 CST 2012

On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 23:02 +0800, Barco You wrote:
> Dear List,
>

> Where can I find a guide for setup an Asterisk server which can
> eastanblish a simple video call from two sip clients?
>

> Thank you!
>

> Regards,
> Barco

Hi Barco,

I don't think there is a specific guide for this.
>From the top of my head..
In /etc/asterisk/sip.conf, you will find the the default setting is
_not_ to have video enbled.
So either you enable it gloabally (for all sip-users) or individually
for specific sip-users.

Greatest pit-fall. you have to analyse the codecs for all hard-phones
and/or softphones. You should have atleast one common codec enabled.
If not, you will only get an audio connection (unfortunately, without
any warning)

Most safe option (atleast to begin with) is to use same clients at both
sides, and configure them identically.

Second suggestion, is to define a echo-function. If you dial the defined
extension, you get not only audio echo, but also video-echo.

I've been testing with a couple of clients, with various results.

hans