[asterisk-users] DECT phone for home: siemens A510 v. Grandstream DP715

Roy Abshire roy at coopvr.com
Tue Dec 11 13:57:27 CST 2012

I've been using the Gigaset A580 Base and A58H Phone for about 3 years
now.  Never gave me problems. The call Quality is excellent!
I only have 1 handset connected to the Base but I want more. I bought a
Linksys WIP330 as a 2nd phone to try out and that works just as good
without a base unit.

The A580 Base supports up to 6 handsets.

I have 6 Incoming VOIP Numbers using separate SIP accounts pointed to 1
Handset but you can point each SIP to separate handsets.

The call goes to the first phone that picks up.  When on a call, picking
up another phone makes a separate call and does not conference.  I don't
use conference yet but I know you have to put the call on hold or something.

The thing I don't like about the A580 and might be the same on all of
them is that you can only specify 1 Sip Account for making outgoing
calls.  In other words, all 6 phones would use the same caller id out,
but I wanted to be able to choose that because I have a business number
and number for each person in our household.  In order to use a
different Caller ID (SIP Account) for making outgoing calls I added a
extension to my Dial Plan and before making outgoing calls I press *1-6
before the number.

I'm going to try adding more handsets that are compatible.  I want the
SL78H but they are so expensive for just home everyday use.

Make sure you check the compatibility page here before buying handsets.

http://gigaset.com/us/en/cms/PageCustomerServicesCompatibility.html

Co-op Vacation Rentals
www.coopvr.com
15218 Summit Ave