[asterisk-users] DECT phone for home: siemens A510 v. Grandstream DP715

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 13:32:09 CST 2012

I have an asterisk server at home. I'm looking to replace my internal
phones with sip cordless (DECT) phones. I'm now looking at the Siemens
A510IP base ($90 ) and A510H handset ($40) and the Grandview DP715 base
($80) and DP710 handset ($45).

The Siemens has a feature were I can also use a PSTN landline, but I not
sure that's a great benefit.

Has anybody tried these phones? I assume they both integrate with
asterisk since they both are sip.

I'm leaning towards Grandview. Seems to be easier to transfer calls.

A questions, I'm on a call with one handset, can another person pick up
a second handset to make another call? can that person join the first
call? In other words, do I need two base stations to make two calls?

Any suggestions? Thoughts?

sean