[asterisk-users] can we install 10 PCI card on asterisk

Mike ispbuilder at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 08:16:59 CDT 2012

On 12-08-27 09:08 AM, DHAVAL INDRODIYA wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> i would like to know if anyone has done or having idea regarding PRI
> terminations in asterisk.
>
> i have a requirement where i need to support 80 PRI in one machine i
> have found a machine which have 10 PCI slots available
That sounds like having too many eggs in one basket to me.  If you have
a problem with that single machine, you're going to disrupt 2400 calls
when you do. A more distributed approach with multiple machines running
Asterisk and multiple standalone PRI gateways will be much more fault
tolerant if designed correctly.

--
Looking for (employment|contract) work in the
Internet industry, preferrably working remotely.
the hot thing. Ask for a resume! ispbuilder at gmail.com