[asterisk-users] Japanese voicefiles

Adrian Marsh Adrian.Marsh at ubiquisys.com
Thu Aug 23 11:26:44 CDT 2012

Hi Guys,

I've a few questions around languages.... I'm on 1.4.18 (old yes I know, but upgradings not an option just yet).

I've downloaded the gsm Japanese files from ftp://ftp.voip-info.jp/asterisk/sounds/ and put them in place

I've found that when I switch to jp, and play some of my own voicefiles in Background and Playback, that it chooses the /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/jp folder files and plays them, but, voicemail doesn't seem to do this, instead it picks the English files (although the debug output says its using 'jp').

I've seen references to a patch for this, but any idea where the patch is ?

Secondly,

I'm trying to open .gsm files in Audacity (in particular these japanese ones, so I can confirm they are Japanese), but I just can't get the audio format right (audacity 2)

Open RAW: Encoding ?  Byte Order ? Channels: mono, Sample rate 8000hz.  I've set my Pref Quality defaults to 8000hz and 16-bit, but I think that's only for recording.  Anyone know the correct setting?   I've been able to play them in Quicktime so I think they're ok, I just want to see them in Audacity.

Thanks,

Adrian