[asterisk-users] comma issue with func_odbc

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Tue Aug 21 19:23:21 CDT 2012

Hey all

I have an issue that I have been bumping up against. We have some inbound
fax services and occasionally an inbound fax that successfully came in
would fail to store it's references in the database.

We are using a function in func_odbc to update a database table. We call
the function from the dialplan and pass in all the opt_xxx return values as
well as other important values we need to store. The issue we are having is
this.

In some cases values such as Caller ID, Remote Station ID and Header Info
will have a comma in them. Even though these values are being encoded using
SQL_ESC the comma is being interpreted as an extra parameter and messing up
the storage values and causing the database insert to fail. Is there a way
to encode variables with commas in their values so they can be sent into
the func_odbc function as a parameter without causing the process to thing
it has more parameters?

Exp...

If the ${CALLERID(number)}  or ${FAXOPT(remotestationid)} or others in the
line below have a comma in them then the parameter order pushed buy one and
the value is broken up when building the insert statement.

exten =>
Do-Store,n,Set(FAX-DO-STORE()=${CALLERID(number)},${CALLERID(name)},${l_faxF
ile_Path},${l_faxFile_FullName},${FAXOPT(ecm)},${FAXOPT(filename)},${FAXOPT(
localstationid)},${FAXOPT(headerinfo)},${FAXOPT(remotestationid)},${FAXOPT(m
axrate)},${FAXOPT(minrate)},${l_storeRate},${FAXOPT(pages)},${FAXOPT(resolut
ion)},${FAXOPT(error)},${FAXOPT(status)},${FAXOPT(statusstr)})

Any ideas suggestions on how to over come this. Would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bryant Any ideas suggestions on how to over come this. Would be
appreciated.ThanksBryant