[asterisk-users] Check for the voicemail

Ruben Rögels ruben.roegels at jumping-frog.org
Tue Aug 21 12:05:02 CDT 2012

Okay, so have a look at "mailcmd=" option in voicemail.conf

"mailbox" will mean a "e-mail-box" in the next lines.

What you need to do is wirting a shell script or what ever to check for
the return code of the smtp session (normally it should be a 450 in case
of full mailbox).
In case of "450 mailbox full" whatsoever you need to create a call file
in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing directing your recipient phone to a
special extension which handles the playback of the "your mailbox is
full" message.

But: this will only work if you deliver the mail directly to the
recipients mail server, if you use a smart host, it will accept the
message and the final recipient server will bounce the mail back to you.

I hope this helps.

regards,
Ruben