[asterisk-users] Enable CDR logging?

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Aug 19 13:52:17 CDT 2012

Stefan at WPF wrote:
> Thank you Doug, but if I don't understand things wrong, you are not
> using adaptive ODBC?

No, I'm not.

> I meanwhile found out that things work when I manually create the
> columns. Just wondering, is there any official specifications for the
> default columns, e.g. which datatype they shall have and so on?
>
> Also, I am getting this errors:
>
>         [Aug 19 20:36:11] WARNING[2386]: res_odbc.c:601
>         ast_odbc_direct_execute: SQL Execute error! Verifying
>         connection to asterisk [asterisk-connector]...
>
>         [Aug 19 20:36:11] ERROR[2386]: cdr_odbc.c:162 odbc_log: CDR
>         direct execute failed

It looks like it's failing to connect.  I have had issue in the past,
where connecting to a mysql database via 127.0.0.1 would work, where as
using localhost would fail.  And some times, where neither would work
and I had to use the real IP address of the machine.

Maybe this is one of those cases?

Have you verified that your odbc setup is working properly for other
queries?

This may be helpful:

http://www.easysoft.com/developer/interfaces/odbc/linux.html#testing_dsns_unixodbc

Doug