[asterisk-users] Websockets on Asterisk 11 and SipML5

James Mortensen james.mortensen at a-cti.com
Wed Aug 15 11:05:13 CDT 2012

James Mortensen <james.mortensen <at> a-cti.com> writes:

> mailsvb <mailsvb <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Hi James,
> > after applying the patch, I got the 400 bad request message as well...
> > This seems to be related to the sipml5 client (same issue with sip-js)
> generating a wrong request. Take a look at the contact header in the REGISTER
> message.
> >
> > I was not able to fix the js code to generate the correct request... In fact
> it should look like this (sip:user <at> local-ip:local-port)
> >
> > regards,
> > Sven

> Hi Sven,
>
> I know this doesn't fix the sipML5 problem, but I changed line 145 of
> tsip_transport.js in the sipML5 library from
>
> return "df7jal23ls0d.invalid";

> return "10.x.x.x";
>
> where 10.x.x.x is the local IP where I'm trying to register from.  I am
getting
> a 200 OK from the Asterisk server and am able to connect to it, but I can't
make
> any calls yet.
>
> I'll continue looking at the sipML5 code and will post an update if I get
> anywhere.
>
> Thanks again!
> James
>
> --

Hi Sven,

According to the developer of sipML5, the problem is that Asterisk 11 doesn't
fully support SIP over WebSockets, which means that the problem is not
necessarily in the sipML5 codebase.

See the Doubango thread here, as well as the spec Mamadou cites:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/doubango/jNA0dj5zpKM%5B1-
25%5D

He cited the spec, which indicates that the client is supposed to send
"df7jal23ls0d.invalid" as the domain name, since the client side doesn't really
know what to send.

The main difference I see between the SIP messages in the spec and my SIP
messages is this line:

I have:

    Supported: path

Whereas the spec has:

    Supported: path, outbound, gruu

Anyone know what these do exactly and whether or not sipML5 needs to send
outbound and gruu?

Thank you,
James