[asterisk-users] Segmenting A Configration File

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Sat Aug 11 10:28:06 CDT 2012

On 12-08-11 11:10 AM, Carlos Alvarez wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 3:16 AM, Kannan <vasdeveloper at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am planning a multi-tenant VoIP services system with Asterisk, using
>> configuration tweaks. Having all the tenant configurations in one
>> configuration file is overwhelming. I would like to segment the
>> configuration files and include them in the main configuration file. Is it
>> possible?
>>
>> For e.g. I would like to have the main extenstions.conf file to include
>> tenant01_extenstions.conf, tenant02_extensions.conf. By this way it is easy
>> to manage the configurations of each tenant.
>>

> We put each tenant's sip and extensions config files in
> /etc/asterisk/accounts and then do an include for that directory in the
> main files.
>
> We keep all the voicemail.conf in one because changes to passwords will NOT
> be saved to included files.  We used to use includes for voicemail but that
> meant no password changes.

This is no longer the case.  Starting with 1.8 a new voicemail.conf
setting (passwordlocation) has been added[1] to allow you to store the
passwords outside the voicemail.conf file.  With this setting the
password gets written to secret.conf file within spooldir for each
mailbox.  That way, you can then breakout each mailbox into separate
config files with include statements.

[1] http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk?revision=225406&view=revision

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.