[asterisk-users] Segmenting A Configration File

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Sat Aug 11 10:10:13 CDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 3:16 AM, Kannan <vasdeveloper at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am planning a multi-tenant VoIP services system with Asterisk, using
> configuration tweaks. Having all the tenant configurations in one
> configuration file is overwhelming. I would like to segment the
> configuration files and include them in the main configuration file. Is it
> possible?
>
> For e.g. I would like to have the main extenstions.conf file to include
> tenant01_extenstions.conf, tenant02_extensions.conf. By this way it is easy
> to manage the configurations of each tenant.

We put each tenant's sip and extensions config files in
/etc/asterisk/accounts and then do an include for that directory in the
main files.

We keep all the voicemail.conf in one because changes to passwords will NOT
be saved to included files.  We used to use includes for voicemail but that
meant no password changes.

The main file has a list of all phone numbers in the system in numerical
order where we set the account name, and then we send them to the proper
context like this:

exten => 12015551212,1,Set(CDR(accountcode)=johnsmith)

exten => _X.,n(cont),Goto(${CDR(accountcode)}#did,${EXTEN},1)

There's a bunch of other stuff in there where we do line counting and such.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve