[asterisk-users] Multi-tenant IVR

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Fri Aug 10 10:25:04 CDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 2:49 AM, Kannan <vasdeveloper at gmail.com> wrote:

> In contrast, hosted IVR will have only one number dedicated to a business,
> and the business can maintain the call flow and sound files. The system
> will integrate with their CRM and offer personalized services to the
> customers of the business. And, of course, the system will have the support
> to connect to the PBX of the business, should the customer of the business
> selects to talk to the customer care agent of the business. That is our
> system won’t be used for the communication between the extensions of the
> business.

In order to do CRM or other client-side application integration, you'll
need to create your own connectivity into Asterisk.  The security in
Asterisk's remote interfaces isn't great, and I'd say you need to develop
some middleware that handles security and also makes it more robust.
Letting the customers manage their changes would also require some
interface you develop, and that part can get very complex because of things
like dialplan reloading.  We do not allow client access to our hosted
PBX/IVR systems, so I can't advise you on that.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve