[asterisk-users] Asterisk on Rackspace, My SIP phone behind NAT

Sazzad sazzadbinkamal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:12:49 CDT 2012

Hi,

I've successfully setup Asterisk on my local PC and can make call using
Twinkle to the server. But, I cannot call to my Asterisk server at
Rackspace. I have been trying several things to figure it out, no luck. My
PC is behind NAT, so I've set that up in sip.conf (nat=yes). I can ping my
Rackspace server so it seems to be Public-static IP. Anyway, I tried with
setting externip, netmask etc. No luck.

Recently I tried out two things. Sending UDP packets with python scripts,
with a client on my PC and a server on Rackspace. I cannot receive any
packets. As far as I remember, I can send TCP packets using nc, with client
and server at both ends. But when I use UDP switch I don't get anything.

My question is how can I troubleshoot this scenario? (Is this question
within the scope of this mailing list?)

--
Sincerely,
Sazzad Bin Kamal