[asterisk-users] Asterisk on Rackspace, My SIP phone behind NAT

Sazzad sazzadbinkamal at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 09:56:21 CDT 2012

> 1.  Can you send UDP packets across your LAN?
> If not, check your client machine.
>
> Ok, I can't register a SIP phone from another PC to my Asterisk server
under same net. Can you tell me one thing? When I call to 127.0.0.1 to my
local Asterisk server it works. When I call to the IP of my ethernet card,
it doesn't work. Should it ought to work?

2.  Can you send UDP packets across the Internet to another host?  (This may
> require the co-operation of another party.)
>
> No, I can't. I tried to send UDP packet to my Rackspace server from my PC
using python code. And also using nc. So far I remember the default TCP
packets worked, but when I tried to send UDP using -u, it didn't work.

--
Sincerely,
Sazzad Bin Kamal