[asterisk-users] Asterisk on Rackspace, My SIP phone behind NAT

Sazzad sazzadbinkamal at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 02:42:41 CDT 2012

> 1-a:Are your SIP packets from PC/SoftPhone reaching the server !! On
> Asterisk CLI execute "*CLI>sip set debug on"
>
> Yeah I've done that, and no UDP packets are reaching my Asterisk server
and neither I can catch any UDP packets at my server using nc -u.

 - are you even able to ping
> your server.
>
> Yes.

1-b: check if you've iptables ON on your server? "iptables -L" if its ON
> then you just flush it "iptables -F" and then see packets reaching your
> server !
>
> There is current no rule as I can see from the output. Why should I need
to configure iptables, anyway? I've read
this<http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9399>,
it mentions iptables to handle something related to RTP packets. But I
can't even get any UDP packets.

Thanks for your reply.