[asterisk-users] sip tls problem

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Mon Aug 6 06:03:40 CDT 2012

On 06/08/12 02:59, Vladimir Mikhelson wrote:
> Have you tried 1.8.15?

I'm trying 1.8.13 because that is the versions currently scheduled for
release in Debian 7 (wheezy)

  http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/asterisk

If 1.8.15 contains definite solutions for TLS problems, then either

a) they can be applied as patches on the Debian package of 1.8.13

b) there could be some attempt to get 1.8.15 accepted into Debian (the
catalog for wheezy is technically frozen now for final testing before
release, so they are not keen to accept whole new versions of packages)

> SIP TLS with self-signed certificate seems to be working fine here.  The
> OS is CentOS 5.8 and there are no chained certificates in my environment.
>
> -Vladimir

The original poster was also using self-signed certs

I've observed the problem using chained certs (with 1 root, 2
intermediate, and then my server cert)