[asterisk-users] Master Registrations?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Apr 27 14:36:23 CDT 2012

On 04/27/2012 02:28 PM, Bryant Zimmerman wrote:
> I am expanding our systems and am looking for a way to track wich
> asterisk server a peer is registred on. Here is an example.
>
> 4 Asterisk servers. An peer could regester on any of the three servers.
> When I a peer registers I need to some how trigger an update to a master
> database to tell wich server that peer is on. Then when a call comes in
> I can look up in the master database where that peer is an and route the
> call to the correct registration servers.
>
> How can I trigger a script on peer registation to update my master
> database table? I am under the impression that I do not want to share
> the same realtime peer table accross all the servers. so how would I
> best pull this one off?

This has been done many times before, using DUNDi; it's one of the
primary things that DUNDi was designed for. There is no central database
to update, instead the target device is located when a call requests it.
There are many examples of this on the Internet... use your favorite
search engine.

--
Kevin P. Fleming