[asterisk-users] CONNECTEDLINE() updated during SIP events?

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Wed Apr 25 10:55:45 CDT 2012

> I have read the excellent information here:
>     https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Manipulating+Party+ID+Information
> and believe I have an understanding of what is offered. I have a
> couple of questions:
>
> - Is it possible to update COLP/COLR when a SIP redirect occurs, or
> when a SIP divert is in place? If so, how?

All redirecting activity is valid only before the associated calls are
answered.  After the calls are answered, it is connected-line updates.
The redirecting interception macros are invoked before the outgoing call is
answered when the outgoing call is redirected by an entity further down
the line.  If your Asterisk server is redirecting the call, the REDIRECTING
information is updated by normal dialplan activity before placing the next
outgoing call to the redirected to party.

> - Is it possible to have the COLP/COLR information updated when a SIP
> attended transfer is completed? If so how?

Transfers generate connected line update events automatically.  The connected
line interception macros give you a chance to alter the connected line
information as it is passed between the connected endpoints of the bridge.

> In both of the above cases, there is no obvious dialplan execution
> when the calls are redirected, diverted or masqueraded, so we cannot
> update the CONNECTEDLINE() information trivially. Or am I missing an
> obvious trick?

This is the purpose of the interception macros.

Richard