[asterisk-users] Asterisk - Nortel transfer problem

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Tue Apr 24 10:39:58 CDT 2012

	I have an Asterisk server connected to a Nortel Pbx via an E1.
Everything works fine, I get calls in and out with callerid.  The
problem that has been reported to me is the following scenario:

A call comes in from the PSTN and is answered by Asterisk.  The person
dials the operator (1000) which is on the Nortel side so connection is
made through the E1.  The operator answers and then transfers the call
back to a SIP extension on the Asterisk (1303).  The result is no audio
and a dropped call.

	My main theory at the moment is that when the receptionist hangs up
after the transfer the E1 drops on the Nortel side.  Anyone here with
this type of integration seen this problem?

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001