[asterisk-users] HELP!! Caller ID "unknown" for all inbound call
A J Stiles
asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Tue Apr 24 03:13:10 CDT 2012
On Tuesday 24 April 2012, Satria Anamarta wrote:
> Thanks AJS :)
> The different is only this:
> < rxgain=8.0
> < txgain=8.0
> > rxgain=0.0
> > txgain=0.0
That looks perfectly sane (it's quite normal to get an extra blank line added
on the end with certain editors).
> Currently is rxgain and txgain set to 8.0 versus previous rxgain and txgain
> = 0.0. I remember that because I change the txgain and rxgain setting the
> CID is sometime appear (3~5 times in 10 calls). After I realize that no CID
> anymore, I change back those setting to 0.0, restart the server, but the
> CID still appear as "unknown", so I guess there must be something other
> that rxgain and rxgain setting :(
Yes indeed. So the next question must be: Has anything else changed? Run
$ ls - altr /etc/asterisk/
which will list the files in the folder /etc/asterisk, most recently modified at
the bottom. Has anything else changed?
Do the same thing also for /etc/dahdi:
$ ls -altr /etc/dahdi/
> btw, will rxgain and txgain setting affect the CID ?
They shouldn't. Anyway, changing them back didn't fix it, so that is unlikely
to have much to do with it. It's probably some other setting that was
accidentally changed by some configuration-generating utility.
Watch out especially for anything "international". Different countries (and
sometimes, even different phone companies within the same country) use
different methods of sending caller ID information. For instance, BT uses a
modified version of the Bellcore standard but with UK modem tones, and the
number is sent between the polarity reversal and first burst of ringing; some
UK cable companies use DTMF during ringing.
Answers come *after* questions.
More information about the asterisk-users