[asterisk-users] g729 freezes 1.8

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 03:33:39 CDT 2012

On Wednesday 18 April 2012, samuel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I was recently installing g729 support as usual (register, cp codec_g729 to
> modules) and found out that the resulting asterisk instances freezes
> whenever g729 commands are executed in the command line.
> ..... stuff deleted .....

Are you sure your g729 module, your Asterisk and your kernel are of the same
bittedness?

You cannot load 32-bit modules into an application which was compiled as 64-
bit.  This is not a problem if you built everything yourself from Source Code;
but if anything was supplied pre-compiled and binary-only, you need to compile
your Asterisk to match it.  (And next time, insist on the Source Code; after
all, you're paying money for it.  Your right to know trumps other people's
rights to keep secrets from you.)

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.