[asterisk-users] Personal queue with one agent: add calls to extension

Roland asterisk at rolandow.com
Tue Apr 17 02:03:09 CDT 2012

To answer my own question: I stumpled upon the RetryDial function. This is
exactly what I needed! But when the function played back the audio, I
couldn't hear it. I needed to open the channel, which the Dial command
would normally do automatically. So I came up with this dialplan:

exten => 120,hint,SIP/Ton_Bl
exten => 120,1,Verbose(2, Incoming call for Ton)
  same => n,Dial(SIP/Ton_Bl,,tT)
  same => n,Verbose(2, Dial status ${DIALSTATUS})
  same => n,GotoIf($[$[${DIALSTATUS}=BUSY] |
$[${DIALSTATUS}=CHANUNAVAIL]]?:doHangup)
  same => n,Answer
  same => n,Playback(wait-moment)
  same => n,RetryDial(beep-7,10,10,SIP/Ton_Bl,60,tT)
  same => n(doHangup),Hangup

I had to test for CHANUNAVAIL as well, because when I hit a call-limit, the
returned status is not busy, but chanunavail. I needed to call-limit my
dect phones, because they share the base stastion. The base station can
only handle 3 concurrent calls, so I didn't want to occupy an extra line
with a caller just 'waiting'. This waiting could be done in Asterisk with
this solution. I added 'call-limit=1' for my dect phones in sip.conf.

Hope this is helpfull for others as well. Any other thoughts are welcome!