[asterisk-users] Core show translation > 4000ms

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Fri Sep 30 10:02:34 CDT 2011

On 09/30/2011 09:53 AM, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> In article <4E85D19F.4090602 at digium.com>,
> Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
>>
>> This is why the output was changed to microseconds from milliseconds; in
>> the older version, the lowest number that should be shown was 1
>> millisecond, even if the actual amount of time consumed was 10
>> microseconds (or less). The "1" numbers in the output from the older
>> could easily have been "0.02", which would be closer to the output from
>> the new version.
>
> Maybe, but that still doesn't explain why there is a factor of 2000
> between some conversions and others. And 4001, 4002 and 4003 are
> remarkably like a big round number plus a tiny offset! I would agree
> with the OP that the values shown look suspicious and would bear
> some investigating...

I believe the way it gets calculated was also changed a bit.

You'll commonly see numbers that are near multiples of 1000.  If I'm not
mistaken these are the duration of a context switch (or several context
switches), which means that with this output, you can guess that his kernel is
probably compiled with CONFIG_HZ_250.