[asterisk-users] Asterisk Realtime Time Dial App

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 08:54:59 CDT 2011

Hello David,

At first I assumed asterisk used call files out of the box for
normal-initiated/instantiated calls however,
this is incorrect. I think call files was the easy approach for client
just to place a file with call details
in some location. I am trying to do the same with a db record. My
first question is, how does asterisk
initiate calls, i.e. what part of the source code is responsible for
that. Are there any threads involved etc.

Cheers,

Nick.