[asterisk-users] mISDN and 1.8

Gergo Csibra csibra at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 04:30:41 CDT 2011

Monday, September 26, 2011, 11:33:50 PM, Kristijan wrote:

> Gergo, why do you want to use mISDN? Use Dahdi. Or do you want to
> use a very exotic isdn card which is only supported by mISDN? tell
> us more.

Well, I want to use one channel driver for all my installations. Now I
have to reinstall a machine with an AVMfritz card. But I have 3 other
machine with HCF-S cards.

> My long time experience with mISDN_v1 is, v1 has major echo and fax
> problems. because the audio signals are transported very unsynchronic
> because of the kernel driver architecture which was made for data
> transmission, and originally not for voice and fax applications.

misdn echo cancellation works for me.

> mISDN_v2 with chan_lcr has vital improvements for voice. especially
> together with OSLEC as echo canceller. but still has some issues with
> fax transmission. And since Dahdi supports the important BRI card
> based on HFC-8S/4S colonge chip and via
> http://code.google.com/p/zaphfc/ also the cheap HFC-S cards. No reason
> anymore to use mISDN.

Yes I've tested this too, but it's very undocumented. I like how-tos,
after how-to-s i read the install.txt or readme.txt, but for zaphfc
there's nothing. Or the version... on the page you linked states
zaphfc works with dahdi-2.1.0.4 & 2.2.0. The updates list speaks about
2.3.0.1, and asterisk.org says the actual version of dahdi is 2.5.0.1.
How can I trust in a driver, which has so many contradictions only in
version numbers? :)

--
Best regards,
 Gergo                            mailto:csibra at gmail.com