[asterisk-users] mISDN and 1.8

Kristijan Vrban vrban.lkml at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 26 16:33:50 CDT 2011

Gergo, why do you want to use mISDN? Use Dahdi. Or do you want to use
a very exotic
isdn card which is only supported by mISDN? tell us more.

My long time experience with mISDN_v1 is, v1 has major echo and fax
problems. because the audio signals are transported very unsynchronic
because of the kernel driver architecture which was made for data
transmission, and originally not for voice and fax applications.

mISDN_v2 with chan_lcr has vital improvements for voice. especially
together with OSLEC as echo canceller. but still has some issues with
fax transmission. And since Dahdi supports the important BRI card
based on HFC-8S/4S colonge chip and via
http://code.google.com/p/zaphfc/ also the cheap HFC-S cards. No reason
anymore to use mISDN.

Kristijan