[asterisk-users] redundant traffic (Tarek Sawah)

Claude Hayn chayn123 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 20:17:32 CDT 2011

Tarek,

Thank you for your response.  I am going with the load balancing idea.

Claude

Message: 4
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 21:54:07 +0000
From: Tarek Sawah <tareksawah at hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] redundant traffic
To: Asterisk Users <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

I would suggest using a Vyatta based server to Run Asterisk on or behind..
and use the load balance feature to forward your incoming connections to the
Asterisk server this will create one default gateway for your asterisk
server so you won't have to have two separate networks identified.. nor two
NICs. or identify two ports on the server forwarding one of them to the
original binding port of Asterisk.

if it wasn't for the Default gateway .. it would have been easy to do some
port forwarding on the "internet router" side. but Asterisk needs to
communicate with the internet to send packets back.
this is one of the scenarios i can think of. and can be done in 20 minutes.
well it can be expensive if you calculate the costs of an additional
computer on the network. :S

Tarek Sawah

Information Technology  Adviser

Integrated Digital Systems