[asterisk-users] Read command - input correction not taken in account

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Sep 14 09:12:33 CDT 2011

Since the Read command takes in its input 1 digit at a time (I don't think
this changes in 1.8 or 10.X either), your best option here would be to
follow the read with a "press 1 to accept or 2 to re-enter" IVR

[get-number]
Exten => s,1,Read(number,prompt1,10,skip,1,10)
Exten => s,n,Background(1-ok-2-reenter)
Exten => s,n,goto(get-number,1,1)
Exten => 1,1,Dial(SIP/111,${number})
Exten => 1,n,hangup