[asterisk-users] Read command - input correction not taken in account

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Wed Sep 14 03:59:12 CDT 2011

Hi all,

using asterisk 1.4 or 1.6, I face a problem with the read command.

I call my asterisk box which ask me to enter the number I wish to call.
Problem is that if I make a mistake in the number and correct it on the
phone keyboard (smartphone under android, the same with nokias series
E), asterisk already took the digit and just append the next one insteed
of replacing the previous one as shown on the phone display.

Is there a way of getting this working as expected with the read
command? Another solution?

Thanks for any hint

--
Daniel