[asterisk-users] Voicemail config

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Tue Sep 13 17:12:49 CDT 2011

I would not use voicemail for this.

I would do the following.

Have the call come in.

Ring the on call tech with a dial.

If they don't pickup and press an accept key then.

Answer the call.

Record a message from the caller.

Use a script to e-mail the message to the tech.

  (I would recommend you use some kind of ticketing system to e-mail to
that way you could have a progression if the on call tech does not respond
in a timely manner. )

This is just one possible way to address this. problem I can think of about
10 others depending on the actual requirements.

Thanks

Bryant Zimmerman (ZK Tech Inc.)

616-855-1030 Ext. 2003