[asterisk-users] broadcast

Sam Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 04:41:22 CDT 2011

I don't know why you are running into problems.
Once a call file is executed it creates two legs (according to call file
structure) A leg is "Channel: Local/1234 at conference" and once it Answers the
call file the second leg is bridged which should be
Context->Extension->priority. So what I'm asking is make your conference
A-leg and your Playback/messages dial plan B-leg.

take a look at the changes I made to your dial-plan

[conference]
exten => 1234,1,Answer()
exten => 1234,n,Gotoif($[${FIRST-CALLER} > 1]?startmsg:pass)
exten => 1234,n(startmsg),System(echo -e
"Channel:local/1234 at conference\\nContext: contest-call\\nExtension:
23\\nPriority: 1" > /tmp/${UNIQUEID}.call)
exten => 1234,n,system(mv /tmp/${UNIQUEID}.call
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing)
exten => 1234,n(pass),Konference(43689956,ADMRSTVL)
exten => 1234,n,Hangup()

[contest-call]
exten => 23,1,Answer()
exten => 23,n,Set(p="/var/spool/asterisk/monitor/")
exten => 23,n,playback(${p}/LQA/12/Biology/Que3)
exten => 23,n,playback(${p}/LQA/12/Biology/Que4)
exten => 23,n,playback(${p}/LQA/12/Biology/Que5)
exten => 23,n,playback(${p}/LQA/12/Biology/Que6)
exten => 23,n,playback(${p}/LQA/12/Biology/Que7)
exten => 23,n,Wait(10)
exten => 23,n,Hangup()

Here, changed your script to what I'm thinking. use the above tweak
accordingly. make sure to find out FIRST-CALLER so your tapes start playing
into conference just for once.

-Sammy