[asterisk-users] Overlap SIP dialing

Tamer Higazi th982a at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 10 15:11:25 CDT 2011

Am 08.09.2011 19:26, schrieb Daniel Tryba:
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 11:26:45AM -0400, Andrew Latham wrote:
>> I want a t-shirt....   "SIP phones aren't 'dumb' :-)"
>> Overlap dialing has very limited use, however I found it helpful when
>> testing integration with other PBX/VM/PSTN connections.
>
> My quest for overlap dialing started with the request to create a
> transparant SIP connection to a ISDN BRI PBX without adding unnecessary
> waiting for timeouts on the side of the SIP gateway to get all digits to
> send them en-block to Asterisk. My feedback for this request to the
> customer will be:
> -just use en-block dialing
> or
> -terminate the dialed number with # when not using en-block dialing
> And make sure to strip # from en-block numbers :)
>
> But I'm willing to give up now I see that this will not work with
> billing anyway.
>
> Thanks for the feedback and hopefully other people wanting to do overlap
> dialing will find this thread and may take it into account.

I think I had a similiar problem, send me the core dump.

make in the console: core set verbose 10

Beside that, what channel driver are you using?! DAHDI,MISDN,CHAN_CAPI ?!

how does the topology looks like?! Does the ISDN Board is in TE or NT
Mode?! TE, the cable comes from the NB unit in the board, NT is when you
connect isdn devices to the boards.

Tamer